Ultraviolet Light Disinfection Facility
Valhalla, New York
Picture Map Credit NYCDEP
- Featured in Engineering News-Record (ENR) magazine as world’s largest ultraviolet disinfection facility. This was a $1.4B project, and the facility handles 2 billion gallons of water per day. The plant is being built by the New York City Department of Environmental Protection to deliver safe drinking water for 9 million residents.
- Deliverables included over 900 drawings and details for over 650 pours, all completed within 15 months.
- Managed and developed concrete lift drawings for all significant underground structures, with strict adherence to the approved contract plans and specifications.
- The lift drawings incorporate the nominal geometric data with necessary plans, sections and details, including interpolations for penetrations and embedded features in the pours.
- Production of drawings were completed both on and off site.
- Drawings were completed for the following structures: large diameter bore pipe, catskill connection chamber, north forebay, south forebay, shaft 19, dissipating valve chamber, catskill valve chamber, ultraviolet building